I realized I haven’t written about skin care for a very long time. Now, with the launching of the new version of Gold Rhapsody, I will definitely write more about skin care rituals, tips, product reviews, as this aspect is getting more and more attention worldwide. Skin care is in vogue right now more than it ever was and one cannot do fashion without a good knowledge about skin care.
I am a skin care freak and I try to always learn as much as possible about the latest innovations in this industry and trust me it is moving extremely fast. Never before have we seen new products popping up every day. At some point it can get pretty overwhelming having so many choices, but as long as one knows the basics, what generally works and what doesn’t, then it’s quite easy to narrow down the humungous choice we have when it comes to skin care products.
Those who know me, are pretty much familiar with my obsession with Korean Beauty products which I use on a daily basis, but I do not exclude Western products that are as good as the Korean ones. I do test a lot of them and stick with the ones that deliver some visible results. For the purpose of this post I will cover a set of products that I use for my anti-aging routine. Aging is a natural process, but thanks to serious research in the beauty industry, a lot of the aging signs can be reversed or soften, so that we could age gracefully. There is a myriad of factors that have to be taken into consideration when talking about skin aging and I will try to cover them gradually in a series of posts. I don’t want to overburden anybody with a lengthy post and I decided to divide it in 2 parts: Morning and Evening.
Steps in my anti-aging skin care routine:
- Preparation. Good, thorough wash. Dull skin, fine lines, wrinkles, etc. appear for a number of reasons, one of them being the very process of washing the face: in the morning and in the evening. I always use the double cleansing method. If your skin is not correctly washed, the impurities will remain in the pores making them bigger, wider, and therefore a saggier, older skin. That’s one of the most important step. Right now, I use Skin Food Brown Sugar Oil Cleanser. Using an oil cleanser also helps with the anti-aging battle, as the oil is very gentle to the skin, easily removing all the excessive oils and dirt. You don’t rub your skin that ultimately leads to fine lines and wrinkles, you just massage it very well and nicely. In the preparation step I will also use a gentle scrub and then a toner. I wrote more about these here.
- Now, after my skin is fully prepared, sparkling clean, it is ready to receive the nutrients and the treatments for special purposes. My purpose is anti-ageing. I am using Missha Time Revolution Immortal Youth Moisturizer with is pretty much like a serum. It doesn’t really moisturize my face, but it contains a whole arsenal of high quality ingredients all designed to fight aging. Formulated with 90% of ferment essential ingredients like Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Lactobacillus Ferment Betula Alba Juice, Bifida Ferment Lysate, this is an amazing booster for my skin. It also contains Adenosine and Resveratrol, both great for anti-aging purposes. I love Missha products and I have been using them for a while. The Time Revolution line is very much like Genifique by Lancome, offering a luxurious experience with good effects.
- I follow with a good eye cream. The eye creams are the tricky ones and it’s pretty hard for me to find a good eye cream. My eye skin area is very dry, therefore I have noticed some fine lines crippling in which I don’t really like. The eye creams that work for me are the heavy ones that my skin wouldn’t absorb right away. Guess, what? I found a great one which I totally love and I hope Lancome never discontinues it. It’s Progrès, a very thick, white cream that smells heavenly and makes wonders. I always use this cream twice a day and also sometimes during the day for a quick skin pick up. Good bye fine lines! The skin becomes incredibly smooth and very bright, as the cream has brightening properties as well. It lasts forever and due to its effectiveness sometimes it’s hard to find. So, if you got problems like mine, I definitely recommend this amazing eye cream.
- A good moisturizer is the key in skin care routine and I like the ones that really hydrate my skin offering a plumping effect as well. Retinoids have been proven to fight ageing the most efficiently, therefore I do include a moisturizer with Retinoic Acid in my skin care routine. I love Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair With Sunscreen which delivers what it promises. The retinol, derived from Vit. A, is crucial for reviving the collagen production, accelerating cell turnover, and evening out the skin tone. Neutrogena works great for me. I don’t use it everyday though, just 3 times a week. I get my Sunscreen from the BB Creams when I am not using Neutrogena. I also use Missha Time Revolution White Cure Cream that is more a defendant cream against the harmful environmental factors about which I will talk extensively in another post. This cream contains NeoWhite LP, Vitamin Tree Extract, and Snow Lotus Extract to even out the skin tone. The consistency it’s medium and very pleasant when applied onto the skin. My skin feels plumped immediately and has a strong brightening (not whitening) effect offering a healthy, dewy look.
- I am totally faithful to BB Creams and have been using them for the past 4 years. They are great not only for evening out the skin tone, naturally covering the imperfections, and sun protection, but also for their anti-ageing effects due to the antioxidants present in their formula. The Western Beauty Companies quickly adapted the BB Creams to the Western market. However, there is a big difference between the US BB Creams and the Korean ones. The US BB Creams are more like tinted moisturizers, while the Asian ones are thicker and providing more benefits. The BB Cream I use every day is: SKIN FOOD Good Afternoon Honey Black Tea BB Cream which I absolutely love and use as a makeup primer.
These are a couple of products that I use in the morning. My evening routine is coming next. Just thought the post would be way too long in order to incorporate everything in here. I would love to hear about your skin care routine and how you fight the aging process. There are so many things to discuss yet!