I am going to make everything around me beautiful – that will be my life.
/Elsie de Wolf/
The way we choose to live our everyday life is really up to us. The moment when we put our happiness and well-being at somebody else’s mercy, or we let anybody drastically and irreversibly influence our choices, our state of mind, or our desires, it’s the moment when we are dimming our own light through a process of self-destruction. For it is said: ” You shall love thy neighbour as thyself”. Loving yourself is pretty much the answer to many dilemmas that so many women, and men also, go through. Once you learn how to love yourself, to be in perfect harmony with your life, to accept who you are and to want to grow and develop, then and only then, you would be capable of sharing this love with “your neighbour” naturally and unconditionally. I find that so many times friendships are destroyed, families are falling apart, just because of the lack of fulfilment and happiness of one partner or another, of one friend or another. People that are prone to envy are, in my opinion, the most vulnerable ones. Envy is always the result of the lack of happiness and acceptance of who you are and where you are at a certain point in your life. Envy towards your neighbour is actually your failure of figuring out how to enjoy life, how to make yourself comfortable with what you have and who you are. Envy represent the lack of the desire to learn more and to concentrate on yourself, on your well-being and not on somebody else’s.
I love myself and I love my life.
Whenever I don’t, I pray.
Whenever I don’t, I look for that something that is missing.
Whenever I don’t, I study and I learn. It’s the only way to transform myself into a being of light and contentment.
There are so many things we can do in order to enjoy the moment and these particular things shouldn’t be expected to be offered to you or to beat yourself up that nobody is there to do them for you, to make you happy. You are the only person responsible for your happiness.
So, like Nike says: “Just do it!” This is what I do:
- Spice up my coffee in the morning. I love coffee and I love to experiment different flavours. So I create them using maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut oil, vanilla, rose syrup.
- Because drinking my morning coffee is one of the most important moment of my day I do play with my cups. Did I ever tell you I am obsessed with coffee mugs and tea cups? Buying a new, beautiful, fun or inspirational cup is a real joy for me.
- Baths. For me this is one of my greatest luxury: taking a bubble bath surrounded by aromatic candles, playing a nice song in the background and dissolving some eucalyptus infused bath salts – that’s pure paradise.
- Nice bedding shits. Another thing I cannot be let alone to buy. I become all dreamy when I shop for soft fabrics, mesmerizing pillows, cotton sheets, and cozy blankets.
- Flowers. Yes, I buy myself flowers. While my husband is very attentive regarding this matter, still my need for seeing flowers around me can never be anticipated. I fill up my house with flowers and they particularly raise my spirits in the mornings. They always remind me of our Perfect Creator.
- A pile of books. They make me terribly happy. I never understood people that are bored. How can you be bored when there are so many books??????
- New socks. I know, it’s hilarious. I may go and buy a bunch of things, big things, expensive things, but if I don’t get a pair of new socks, it’s just not that cool.
- Tea. My husband says we should open a tea shop. I cannot have enough of all sorts of tea!!!
- I cannot believe I am at number 9 and I still haven’t mentioned chocolate and decadent cakes. They always remind me of how beautiful life is.
- Linen spray. I love the lavender ones.
- Amaretti cookies. “La dolce vita” at its best.
- Colouring books. I recently discovered they really sooth my soul, calm my mind, and boost my creativity.
- Pampering my skin. Every time I get a free moment for myself I dig into my mask collection (ye,s it’s a real collection of sheet masks, mud masks, scrubs, night masks, hand masks, etc.) and choose the one that is in accordance with my spirit and skin at the moment.
- Ride my bicycle. It’s a great cardio for my body and mind.
- Wine. Wine. Wine.